Tuesday, January 17, 2012

William Shakespeare's
Romeo and Juliet

Romeo: Under love's heavy burden do I sink.

Romeo while holding Juliet's hand: If I profane with my unworthiest hand this holy shrine, then gentle sin is this?

Juliet after know that Romeo is a Montague: My only love sprung from my only hate. Too early seen unknown and known too late. Prodigious birth of love it is to me that I must love a loathed enemy.

Juliet: Romeo~ O Romeo~ Wherefore art thou Romeo? Deny thy father name and refuse thy name, or if thou will not, be but sworn my love and I'll no longer be a Capulet. 'Tis but thy name that is my enemy thou art thyself, though not a Montague. What's a Montague? It's not hand, nor foot, nor arm, nor face, nor any other part belonging to a man. O be some other name. What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other word would smell as sweet. So Romeo would, were he not Romeo called, retain that dear perfection which he owes without that title.

Romeo: With love's light wings did I o'erperch these walls, for stony limits cannot hold love out and what love can do.

Juliet: O gentle Romeo, if thou dost love, pronounce it faithfully.
Romeo: Lady, by yonder blessed moon I vow that tips with silver all these fruit tree tops.
Juliet: O swear not by the moon, the inconstant moon that monthly changes in her circled orb. Lest that thy love prove likewise variable.

Juliet: Parting is such sweet sorrow that I shall say good night till it be morrow.

Nurse: Can you not see that I am out of breath?
Juliet: How art thou out of breath when thou hast breath to say to me that thou art out of breath?

Juliet: Come gentle night. Come, loving, black-browed night. Give me my Romeo and when I shall die, take him and cut him out in little stars and he will make the face of heaven so fine that all the world will be in love with night and pay no worship to the garish sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment